VOLUNTEER APPLICATION & SCREENING STEPS
FIRST: Gather all of the information you will need for the application.
- Name of the Good News Club or other ministry in which you wish to serve
- References information: Name, address, phone number, and email. One reference needs to be your pastor or a church leader, one needs to be a previous employer*, and two personal references (not relatives).
- *If not previously employed, enter your school name and address.
- Driver's license, or other Government-issued photo ID, and Social Security Number*.
SECOND: Complete each of the following prior to applying online.
1. Call 1-866-878-4182 and listen to the "Protecting Today’s Child" recording or view the video.
2. Read the USA Child Protection Policy.
3. Read the CEF Worker's Compliance Agreement, CEF Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Protection Policy either via link or included in the attached page.
A few important notes before you begin the online application:
- The system will time-out after approximately 10 minutes of no activity.
- The application process must be completed in 30 minutes or less.
- If you experience problems with the driver’s license fields, they may be skipped.
- If you receive a message related to being under the age of 18, click OK, as long as you have your parent’s approval to volunteer with CEF.
- *The SSN field is required, but we don’t actually need it since you’re a minor. We will not run a background check. So you may just enter all zeros for your SSN if you prefer.
AFTER ONLINE APPLICATION IS COMPLETED:
~ You will be contacted by local CEF Staff to arrange a time to complete an interview and ID verification form and a photo release form.